In the ever-changing business landscape of today, using social media marketing to promote your business is one of the best ways to get ahead of the competition. Most modern industries use a wide range of social channels to build their brand identity and online presence. That's how they reach a wider audience and ultimately increase their sales.For healthcare professionals, Facebook and Instagram provide great opportunities to expand your services to new markets.
Find out what the best image sizes for social media networks are. Learn which social media management tools are the best paid advertising options to keep an eye on.
Image sizes for major social media networks
You can add or edit creative images to promote your healthcare services and attract your target audience.
Facebook is one of the biggest social networks on the web, with 1.5 billion daily users. For optimal results, make sure to use the highest quality images available.
- Cover image: 820 x 312 or minimum 400 x 150
- Profile image: 180 x 180
- Shared post image: 1200 x 630
- Shared link preview image: 1200 x 628
- Event image: 1920 x 1080, in feed: 470 x 174
- Highlighted Image: 1200 x 717, on page: 843 x 504 (for better quality, go with a higher resolution at that scale)
- Square photo in feed: minimum 154 x 154
- Square photo on page: minimum 116 x 116
- Rectangular photo in feed: 470 x 246
- Rectangular photo on page: 484 x 252
- Smartphones display as 640 x 360
- Upload an RGB / JPG file less than 100 KB for the best results
- The best format for images with text or logo: PNG
Instagram is the most popular platform for visual content. You need an online presence on this social media channel, and the quality of your content has to be impeccable.
Instagram gathers more than 500 million active users daily. You have to be consistent and upload and share your videos and images to your timeline and stories.
It's essential to maintain a 1:1 aspect ratio. Keep in mind that this platform is more about visuals and images than textual content.
- Profile image: 110 x 110
- Image thumbnail: 161 x 161
- Shared photos: 1080 x 1080
- Shared videos: 1080 pixels wide
- Instagram stories: 1080 x 1920 maximum, 600 x 1067 minimum, 4 GB maximum
- Videos to stories: 750 x 1334
There's no better social channel for professional digital networking than LinkedIn. It's an excellent medium for increasing traffic and discovering new markets.
You can use this social channel to promote your business and its mission. It's also a great place for talent scouting and industry news.
- Personal background image: 1584 x 396
- Standard logo: 400 x 400 | maximum 4 MB
- Profile image: 400 x 400 maximum, 200 x 200 minimum | 10 MB maximum, PNG, GIF or JPG files only
- Banner image: 1584 x 396 | 4 MB maximum
- Profile image: 400 x 400, minimum 200 x 200 | 10 MB maximum
- Company cover image: 1536 x 768
- Shared image: 350 pixels wide
- Shared link preview: 180 x 110
- Company logo image: 300 x 300 | 4 MB maximum
- Company cover image: 1536 x 768 maximum, 1192 x 220 minimum | 4 MB maximum
- Company page banner image: 646 x 200 | 2 MB maximum
- Square logo (company searches): 60 x 60 | 2MB maximum
Twitter is the best social network where users of your services can talk about your profession and brand. It's where your patients and potential prospects request help, leave feedback, reviews, ask questions, and more.
Twitter is an excellent social channel for making a memorable first impression.
Your profile picture is the major recognition mark, visible to all on the Twitter stream and home page. Make sure you use images of the highest quality as they will represent your brand and you as a healthcare professional.
Post up to 4 images along with your tweets and try to maintain a 2:1 aspect ratio.
- Header image: 1500 x 500 | maximum 5 MB
- Profile image: 400 x 400 | maximum 2 MB
- In-stream image: 440 x 220 | 5MB maximum
- In-stream GIF: 3 MB maximum
Pinterest includes content comprised of external links. That's what makes this social network excellent for referral traffic. The trick is to post content that's attractive and attention-grabbing to catch the eyes of your target audience.
So, maintaining visual quality is vital to the success of your social marketing campaign.
There are three ways to grab attention on Pinterest: through your profile, on your board, and with Pinterest pins. Use pins to post larger images to grab more likes and increase engagement. Post attractive photos on the relevant Pinterest boards and build online visibility.
- Profile image: 165 x 165 | 10 MB maximum
- Board cover image: 222 x 150 | 55 x 55 minimum
- Pinned image preview: 236 pixels wide
Social media management tools
There are lots of social media marketing tasks you have to think of daily. Reporting, analytics, creating and publishing content, engaging potential prospects, to name a few.
With social media management tools, you can remain consistent and offer the most engaging content. These tools help save time by streamlining your workflow.
1. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is the best tool for maintaining a real connection with other brands and people. It provides several social media tools for reporting, monitoring, and social media scheduling.
One of the best features of Sprout Social is that it provides CRM tools for managing customer relationships. These allow you to understand your prospects' needs.
Hootsuite will enable you to manage your social media in one place. It's more than just a tool – it's an entire platform with useful features that allow you to run social media ads, measure ROI, schedule content, and more.
Bulk-schedule your social media posts and connect all your social networks. You can also track several keywords and manage multiple accounts.
HubSpot is an inbound marketing tool that allows you to integrate your CRM, SEO, email, and social media marketing into a single platform. It makes measuring your ROI and comparing results across different social channels is much easier.
A great social media marketing platform for businesses of all kinds. Use it to align your SM sales tactics, customer service, and marketing to build a meaningful customer relationship.
5. Agora Pulse
This tool provides features for reporting, responding, and scheduling. It also offers unique features such as Facebook contest and competitor analysis apps.
Crowdfire is an excellent tool for managing your Twitter account and scheduling content. Still, its biggest strength lies in suggesting articles for sharing. It also gives you the ability to connect online shops, YouTube channels, and blogs.
Paid advertising options
Facebook offers several options to promote your healthcare business by targeting potential prospects. There are many self-service tools to create and run paid advertising and track the performance. The options allow you to:
- Set your goal
- Target audience by behavior, demographics, age, and location
- Run your ads on specific mobile devices, Instagram, Messenger and Audience Network
- Determine the time period and budget for running ads
- Choose from six different ad formats
- Submit your order
- Track the performance
Instagram allows you to create and run paid advertising. You can create ad campaigns and add them to the timeline of your ideal prospects.
Get the following you need by targeting both Instagram and Facebook demographics to build brand awareness. The options allow you to:
- Determine your objective
- Select your target audience
- Choose ad placement – select "all devices" to cover both mobile and desktop
- Select the best posting feature – stories, multi-image ads, 60-second videos or photos
- Determine your budget
- Format your ad
LinkedIn allows you to reach your ideal audience and achieve your business goals. It allows you to:
- Target the right audience
- Create compelling and easy ads in minutes
- Control your costs and budget
- Boost your content across multiple devices to drive brand awareness
- Deliver personalized ads to improve lead generation
Twitter has the right audience and diverse ad formats to amplify your brand message and reach an ideal audience. Twitter paid advertising options allow you to:
- Build brand awareness and maximize your reach
- Get more engagement
- Grow your following
- Drive more traffic to your website
- Promote your mobile app
Set your objective to target the right audience, set your budget, and make sure you consistently reach audiences daily. Don't forget to include a strong call-to-action.
Now you have all the necessary information you need to manage your social media and improve your marketing strategy.
The most important thing to keep in mind for success on social media is to be consistent. Follow the trends in your industry, keep up with social media changes, and you will grow your business!