Content marketing is one of the digital marketing strategies you can use to create and disseminate valuable and relevant information to your targeted audience. It aims to attract and maintain customer loyalty to your brand, products, and services.
Why do I need a content marketing strategy?
In business, you need to advertise your products and services to increase awareness and reach a higher number of potential customers. In using content marketing as an advertising platform, you are building likability, familiarity, and trust of potential customers to your brand.
In developing your content, you should know the problems of people in their lives and use your content to bring solutions to their issues. You must deliver your content in the right channels in the appropriate formats at the correct time to achieve the best results.
Why is content an essential component of my content marketing strategy?
Content is a multifaceted and marketing tool that can produce positive results for your company’s bottom line. Some of the types of content are graphics, texts, and videos you post on your website. There are several benefits of content:
- It is the fundamental element of a digital marketing campaign.
- It makes your site an authority and source of essential information in your industry.
- You can share your content on social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to widen your reach.
- It increases the awareness of your potential customers to your industry, products, and services through relevant information.
- It can earn links from other websites that will boost your rankings in the search engines. With better ranking, you can get a competitive advantage over your competitors.
- It can convince potential customers to buy your products or services.
How does content marketing benefit my digital marketing campaign?
There are numerous benefits content marketing can bring to your company. It can help you achieve your business goals and objectives. Here are some benefits of content marketing to your brand:
- Bolster engagement – An informative and relevant content can boost your engagement with your audience through likes, comments, and shares on social media and inbound links from other sites.
- Increased brand awareness – If people read and share your content, the popularity of your company will increase.
- Lead generation and nurturing – Your content marketing approach can turn leads into customers and maintain their loyalty to your brand.
- Search engine ranking – As more users use your content, your pages will rank better in the search engines. Your content marketing will also boost your overall domain authority.
- Higher revenues – An excellent content marketing strategy can entice customers to buy your products or services.
How can I measure the success of my content marketing strategy?
There are measurable metrics to determine the effectiveness of your content marketing strategy. Here are some of them:
- To learn how your content marketing affects your brand awareness, you should monitor things like video views, downloads, referral links, website traffic, social chatter, and page views.
- To determine the engagement of your audience, you should track the blog comments, forwards, inbound links, likes, tweets, and shares of your content.
- To monitor the effects of your content marketing on your sales, examine your online transactions, offline sales, manual reporting, and anecdotes.
- To track the lead generation results of your content marketing, assess your email subscriptions, conversion rate, form completion and downloads, and blog subscription.
- You should measure your existing customers’ renewal rates and percentage of consumed content to determine the effectiveness of your content marketing in maintaining your clients.
- To track your upsell or cross-sell transactions from your content marketing, monitor your new products or services.
How much should I pay for content?
There are several factors to consider in determining the cost of your content marketing efforts. To give you an idea, here are some data to consider:
- For content research, a provider charged necessary audits from $100 to $200 in 2019. A content review is essential in content marketing to identify the areas that need improvement and provide direction to your strategy.
- For your blog, social media, and website content, you can spend $100-$2,000 for a 2,000-word post. However, some writers are willing to create your content at a rate of $1 to $2 per word. If you want to rank your content in search results and entice more clients, you must be prepared to spend $2,000-10,000 per month or higher.
- You should update and optimize your content periodically to retain its search engine ranking. The pricing for content updates also ranges from $2,000 to $10,000 per month.
Does content marketing deliver the return on investment (ROI) I envision?
Content marketing is a practical approach that can give you a high ROI. It is an essential strategy to engage, build trust, and establish the loyalty of your existing and potential customers.